Thursday, July 16, 2009

The waiting game

7/15/09

Today is Thursday and still no chance to go. As I type right now my boat pilot is a third of the way across the English Channel with the number 1 slot swimmer. The way it works is there are four slots. When a window of opportunity presents itself the captain calls the first swimmer and asks if they want to go. If they say no then the 2nd swimmer is called and so on. I'm in the number 2 slot so now I move to #1. Unfortunately, the weather doesn't look good until Saturday or Sunday. If the conditions aren't what I want then I will stay next week and leave on the Spring tide. The Neap tide is preferred but I'm a strong enough swimmer to go on the Spring Tide.

All that is happening right now is I'm swimming 1.5-2 hours easy in Dover Harbor. Trying to prevent soreness in my shoulders and lower back from laying around and waiting. This swim is a mind game for sure! So, I'm hoping for the weekend. Thanks to my supporters and keep well.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment